Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sick of being sick...

I've been very under the weather lately. I spent a few days with a high fever and now have a sore throat. My husband had to spend his father's day with me in urgent care. He is such a sweetheart! After two hours, a throat swab, and three blood samples the doctor said it will just have to run its course and I should be on the tail end.

So the girls and I have been home bound for the last several days. I have to say they have been wonderful! They have been helping each other. They had made their own lunch when I was resting. This may not seem like much to some of you but for us this was HUGE. You have to understand that our girls enjoy a pampered life. Our youngest especially is known to climb up into her chair and start the long order of everything she would like for lunch down to the little details like how it should be cut and what sauces should accompany it. Bless her heart! I love that she's a girl who knows what she wants but being the short order cook gets a little old. It really isn't their fault I've always been happy to wait on them. I just never realized how sweet it is to see them care for each other.

They cleaned their rooms, dressed themselves without being asked, and solved their own sibling quarrels. WOW! I think I've underestimated them! Even though I've hated being sick it has given me time to reflect on how big our girls have grown and how important it is to let them see what they can do for themselves.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm sorry that you're sick...and sick of being sick! How wonderful that the girls have been so good! It is amazing to see how they can step up when they need to!

dawn said...

Hope you are better now. It's good for kids to do things that help their moms. Boy1 is earning money this summer to help pay for camp for next summer. He folded laundry today and is unloading the dishwasher right now.

Yipee!

Pam said...

I'm sorry too that you were sick. Not a fun way to kick off summer. It is so wonderful that your girls stepped up and took care of each other. I love those moments!

Laney-Lou said...

I sure hope you're feeling better Michelle! Sounds pretty comforting to know your girls can take care of more things and lighten your load now huh?!? ;-) I miss you guys so much and hope to get to see you soon! Tell the girls and Chris hello for me if you think of it! Again, hope you're feeling better soon!!

Jamie said...

Michelle,
Somehow I missed this post. I am sorry that you have been sick. I really miss hanging around with you and talking you into spending money. It's very theraputic for me to spend your money. I will be back home soon, can't wait to get together.

Carissa said...

girl...so glad to see you back in blog land but so sorry you are under the weather!!! sweet about your girls! hope you feel better fast!