Saturday, August 02, 2008

Wanted: FUN

My youngest has just informed me that I'm not always that much fun.

My first reaction was to list all the ways that I am fun.
Remind her just how fortunate she is to have me as a mom.
I thought of going down the there are children in the world who would love to have me as a parent road.

After collecting my thoughts, I started to smile and realized I must be doing something right. Being part of a family isn't all fun and games all the time. Although, I have to admit I would enjoy freedom to play most of the time. The dishes and laundry really aren't that much fun either. I'm a kid at heart! For now we will just have to work the balancing act. So I'm off to attend a kid led dance class in the basement!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I have gone down the..."You don't know how lucky you are" road.

It didn't work.

Then one day I played several rounds of Mario Kart Wii with Ellie, and THEN we played a board game. The next day she told me..."You NEVER play with me!"

So I guess that didn't work either.

I give up!

Jamie said...

I think you are fun. We really loved the tea party.

Alana said...

Isn't that what Dads are for??

:-)

Carissa said...

i love think you are SO right...balance is key!!!

dance party in the basement...i want to come!!! : )

Janelle said...

I want to be fun, too. Maybe tomorrow...